- Anyone love mashed potatoes like I do? 😋 Try this:
- Servings 4-6 / 237 Calories per cup 👌🏼
4-6 Large Red or Russet Potatoes (peeled & diced)
½ C Butter
1 C very cold milk (helps with creaming process when ice cold)
2 Garlic Cloves (very finely minced)
1 T Salt
2 tsp Garlic Salt
1 T Red Pepper Flakes (adjust to ½ for less heat)
1 T Fresh dried herbs (rosemary, basil & oregano)
1 T Room Temperature Butter
You’ll need a potato masher for this recipe!
- In a large pot, boil 6-8 C water with 2 tsps salt. Add potatoes to water. Boil for about 10 mins, until fork tender but not mushy. Add your garlic last 5 mins of boiling directly to the pot.
- When done, strain out water from Potatoes, leaving some garlic on potatoes. Return potatoes back to hot pot. IMMEDIATELY add your butter, milk & seasonings (do not add herbs or red pepper flakes until last)
- Mash until fully blended and creamy. Sprinkle your remaining herbs & spices on top and add your room temperature butter. Serve right away while hot!! 🔥
These are delicious!! 😋 Share to save this!!