Phenomenal dish I came up with last night! The sauce was delish!! Hope u try it. I’d never steer u wrong 🥰😋
4-6 Chicken breasts (split, whole or halves/or your choice of chicken)
3 C Sliced Mushrooms (optional)
3 C Chicken Broth
2 C Heavy Cream or Milk
1/3 C White Cooking Wine
3/4 C Cheddar & Parmesan cheese (shredded)
2 T Butter
2 tsp Salt, pepper & garlic salt
2 T Canola Oil
1 T Dried Herbs (Parsley, cilantro & basil)
For Country Potatoes:
1 C Fresh Cut Green Beans
1 C Diced potatoes
1 C Corn
1 C Cannelli beans (canned)
1 tsp garlic salt
1 C Chicken broth
- Heat oven to 400° Rub 1 T oil over chicken then season with 1 tsp of salt, pepper & garlic salt.
- Pour remaining oil on a baking sheet or casserole dish. Place chicken skin side up and roast for 1 hour and 20 mins or until juices run clear. Flip half way thru, basting as necessary.
- In a pan add a but if oil and stir in mushrooms. Cook until caramelized about 7 mins. Add a tsp of salt. Set aside in a separate dsh.
- In same pan, deglaze it by scraping the mushroom flavoring around until bottom of pan is no longer browned. Next, add cream/milk to same saucepan over high heat. Once boiling add broth & wine. Bring back to a boil. Whisk constantly to thicken. Add cheese, stir til melted. Last add remaining seasonings to taste. Keep on low until use.
- Cook country potatoes (all ingredients) in another pot until heated through and potatoes are fork tender about 15 mins. Add mushrooms and stir gently. Keep warm.
- When chicken is done, add your country potatoes to a serving dish. Place chicken on top. Pour sauce over & sprinkle with fresh herbs. Done!
Tip: To thicken sauce, make a flurry by adding 2 T Cornstarch & 2 T Water to a cup. Stir vigorously until combined. Slowly pour in a tablespoon at a time to thicken your sauce.